Wednesday, February 12, 2014

SUNY 2020

During the month of November 2013, I was tasked with working with a group of faculty and staff to put together the SUNY 2020 proposal. My main use for the iPad during the writing was for presentation in the President's Board Room. I was able to use the cables provided and show on the screen the Request for Proposal and the websites that were pertinent for the proposal. The cables can get in the way though. The other issue I had was the timeout is too quick so I had to unlock it every few minutes so that we could see the screen because I was not actively swiping my fingers on the screen. I am going to look into the wireless apps that some of the other faculty mentioned during the meeting we had last month. I am also going to see if there is a longer timeout option.

During the meeting we had some brainstorming and I was able to go to specific pages in the RFP to get information to the faculty and others in the meeting so that we knew what was required of us. It worked effectively. I was also able to zoom in an out much easier just by a swipe of my fingers if the text was too small which you cannot easily do when you are using a laptop and a powerpoint.

I wanted to use one of the whiteboard apps but at this time I did not need one.


No comments:

Post a Comment