Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One cool thing and one not so cool thing

I've been using the iPad in some out of class contexts that I think are particularly helpful. First, I've discovered Greenley Library's e-brary function. I learned about the e-brary function along with Noodle tools when I invited Prof. Theresa Zahor to speak to my Research Methods class about using the library. She did a terrific job and I encourage any instructor on campus who teaches research or has a course that involves heavy library use to ask one of the librarians to speak about the library's resources. Your students will learn quite a bit about the library's resources and so will you!

The e-brary offers trusted books in an electronic format that you can access using your iPad. I've found that its easy to read books using this method. I have been reading quite a few texts on Bayesian statistics and organizational psychology. Our library has a nice collection of these types of texts.

One thing that I've found in using the iPad that hasn't been very cool is the ability to enter attendance or give feedback through Angel. I've found that accessing information through the Safari or Firefox web browser has proven difficult. Are there any suggestions on how to approach using these browsers? Or should I just download the Angel app? I'm open to any suggestions that anyone might have.


No comments:

Post a Comment